Written by Charlie Jones
You may be thinking ‘’ I only have a small business and don’t sell anything online so why do I need a website?’’. Well in this blog we will go through the pros and cons of owning a website so you can decide whether or not owning a website for your business would be beneficial or not.
- If one day Facebook or Instagram stop supporting businesses or their servers go down as they have in the past then having a website means you can still sell your product
- Social media has SEO limitations. When looking for a product or service where do you go? Most likely you use search engines like Google or Bing . A business website allows any new or old customers to contact you or browse your shop.
- A business website looks more professional and makes people trust you more. A Facebook page may be quicker to create but it doesn’t command the authority a website does.
- You have complete control over your website, unlike social media platforms.
- You can display testimonials doing this is a good way of gaining people’s trust.
- Creating a website isn’t as complicated as it used to be
- One of the main reasons why people create websites is to grow. If you are not looking to grow your business significantly and are happy with the flow of customers then a website may not be for you.
- A lot of businesses do a good job of getting referral customers if this is you a website might not be too important to you
- If you are running a business with not much competition a website probably isn’t crucial. Congratulations, your clients need your product/service and they have nowhere to go.
The choice of building and owning a website or not is ultimately up to you however, if you are looking to improve visibility, content generation, and authority then creating a website is a great way to start.